Ammonite

Ammonite

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Colemar France


It's hard for me to imagine a town more...cute than Colemar France. Well, not all of Colemar I guess, but the old city center that looks like something straight out Beauty and the Beast! I wanted to dance down the street in a blue dress and white apron and sing a song about how the provincial lifestyle was bringing me down. 
Some of the buildings date from the early 1400's! Coming from the States, it's hard to think of anything besides mountains and rivers being around for that long. It's almost a magical feeling, like I've traveled back through time. It's a bit touristy now (and almost everything was closed on the Monday I visited), but strolling down the streets I could just imagine how it must have been hundreds of years ago. If one ignores the lack of hygene, the probable stench of improperly disposed waste, farm animals casually wandering the streets, and the fact that NONE of the cheese was ever stored in a refrigerator, I bet it was quite quaint and charming. Here are a few of my best  scenery photos.






No comments:

Post a Comment