Ammonite

Ammonite

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Dream Table


A while back (like last year) I had a dream in which I lived in a really neat house, and had a very cool dining room table. I woke up the next day and made a quick sketch of the table in my notebook. It was weird because it didn't feel at all like I made it up. Instead I felt like I was copying something I'd seen somewhere, even though the only place I saw it was in my dream. Anyway, I finally got around to making a model of it.
The table itself was made out of the smooth concrete they use to make counters, and the pyramid in the middle was also concrete with water flowing out from the top and running down all sides into a narrow collecting area that recycled the water back through to the top. I added place mats with cups and plates to give a sense of the scale of the thing (which was pretty big).
...Oh the weird things we dream  hu?












No comments:

Post a Comment