Ammonite

Ammonite

Friday, February 3, 2012

Musee de La Cour d'Or

One rainy day while I was in France, Mom and I went to the museum in the Centre Ville of Metz. It was totally awesome. The building itself was built on the ruins of a Roman bath constructed thousands of years ago. The museum had an eclectic collection of pieces dating from the time of Roman occupation all the way up to about the turn of the century I think. It was a fantastic museum, and I saw hundreds of amazing artifacts! My only critique is that nothing was in English. I had to either ask Mom to translate, or sit there for a half hour and try to figure it out one word at a time. Even so, it still great. Here are a few photos I took. Hope you enjoy the pieces as much as I did!

Saint Michael, stained glass

Alter to Mithras

Roman Treasure

Two Roman soldiers...well, their bones anyway.

Ivory Box

Broken stained glass window

Mary...I think

Exhibit hall

Saint who lost his head...literally

Mary in the style of Lorraine France

Mary the sweet baby Jesus and Bird

Santa Claus precursor

Painted ceiling

No comments:

Post a Comment