Ammonite

Ammonite

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Holy Canoli!

Sweet Satisfaction.
I have been trying to eat healthier and be more aware of what my body needs versus what my brain thinks I want. For the most part is's not a problem, I like salad and chicken and fish etc. The part I have struggled with is the carbs though. It's not so much that I necessarily crave them, but more that they have made up such a large part of my diet for so long, it's really hard to weed them out. Anyway, I have to say I have been mostly successful in cutting them out, and don't really miss them except in a few specific instances. The first is my weird  love, love, LOVE of...wait for it....peanut butter and jelly corn tortillas! I know. It sounds disgusting, and I know it's weird, but I just love them. They are my "guilty pleasure" when I am home and feeling especially carb deprived.
The other was a one time thing. About a month ago I got it in my head that I wanted a canoli. I haven't had one in ages! But they have carbs in the crust and they are loaded with sugar, and they are actually kind of hard to find where I live.
PB&J Tortilla...Yummm
Anyway last weekend while down in Pasadena...well, Los Feliz actually, I was finally able to satisfy my craving! Not only did I get a canoli, I got TWO of them! I didn't really love the chocolate half, but the white part was super yummy and I was totally satisfied! There is nothing like going to bed with a tummy full of canoli's. Ahhhh...it's so nice to give in once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment