Ammonite

Ammonite

Monday, May 21, 2012

Solar Eclipse Party!

My camera and I ready for the eclipse!
I watched the whole eclipse yesterday! And since I had not a welders mask, or the appropriate viewing goggles, through my camera (well, on the screen) was the only way for me to see it. Thus I also thought it would be a great opportunity to see what my super awesome new camera could do. And boy-oh-boy can it do good! (Thanks again to all who got it for me for Christmas!!!!! I LOVE it!)
I was out in the front yard of my complex for about two and a half hours watching the eclipse. I went out a half hour early to get my camera, lens, and tripod set up, and then after that I just took a picture every 5-10 minutes to see what was going on. It was so beautiful and amazing! A happy coincidence of the universe, and I am so glad I was there to watch it (through my camera) unfurl:)
I had to mess with the camera settings by making the camera take photo's at the darkest setting possible, and switching the auto to A-Dep setting (I think it means aperture dependent). Anyway, that with my super huge telephoto lens, and the steadiness of my tripod (which is completely necessary for such a zoom), I got some really great shots! Well, I think so anyway. Here they are in order of appearance! Enjoy! (The last two were taken using my sunglasses as a filter;)














2 comments:

  1. Great Photos. They look even better on my iPhone. I can't believe you can do things like this on your camera.

    ReplyDelete