Ammonite

Ammonite

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Kickboxing 101


So the BF and I are taking kickboxing classes and I LOVE IT! It's so satisfying to punch things as hard as you can;) The same goes for kicking things. I never knew how aggressive I could be! I feel like a Spartan from the movie 300...Ha ha...OK, not exactly. But when you hit the bag or target just right and everything in your body lines up for that split second and you generate the right power in the right way...well, it's just a great feeling. And I am really enjoying the physical exertion of it.
The two days recovery after each class is another story though. It kind of reminds me of my snow boarding adventure last year:) I have discovered all kinds of muscles I didn't know I had. I don't want to complain too much so all I will say is OUCH! And leave it at that.
Sparring is the best part, but it is almost more difficult to learn how to hold the bag/mitts than it is to actually do the boxing. My biggest challenge so far has not been the kickboxing, but the strength to hold the heavy pads so my BF can practice his moves. They are so heavy, and my arms are so...weak! But that was part of the reason I wanted to do kickboxing in the first place, to gain some upper body strength.
Anyway, I am totally loving the class, my new boxing gloves, and all the "trash texting" I am doing with my BF about which one of us is tougher:) 

My methods of intimidation:)
FYI: Mike Wizowski and Kitty (Sully) are the two main monsters from Monsters Inc. I chose them because they invoke the same level of fear as my arms do:) See below:)

No comments:

Post a Comment