Ammonite

Ammonite

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Packers Weeks 7 and 8

I know I have been lax in my posting about the games, but I have had a really busy couple weeks and, to be honest, the games really haven't been that great.
This week was especially terrible mostly because of all the guys that were injured. No Jordy, or Kuhn, or Jennings, or Nick Perry and Woodson broke his collar bone again...great.
Rodgers had a pretty awful game. I'm not too worried about it because I know he is a much better player than that. But I think it was just an off week for him. We all have them.
I was happy to see Driver get some play. He's so awesome! And I love how loud the Green Bay fans cheered for him. He's been a great football player, and from what I've read he's an even better person. Plus he has the best smile ever. You just can't be bummed out when looking at a picture of Donald Driver smiling. It's impossible;)
Special teams made a great play (and then almost lost it by trying to pick it up instead of securing it and going to the ground) and that probably was the difference between us winning and loosing that game. The last time the Pack blocked a punt for a touchdown was in...like 1990 or something. So it was pretty great to watch, despite the fact that I was annoyed that they just didn't fall on it.
I still feel like there is a Bermuda Triangle effect happening to our defense in the middle of the field between the LB's and Secondary. I don't know if it's just that the guys out there don't understand what they are doing, or if Capers is making them play differently. It's weird.
And I don't know why they aren't using the tight ends (or fullback when Kuhn is healthy) to block so Rodgers has more time to get a couple big passes down field. If I was McCarthy I'd be dialing that up every three plays. Have Kuhn, or Cobb, or Crabtree or someone extra to help out the O-line, and give the receivers a little more time to get down field.
I kind of feel like the last two games were pretty much the same, i.e. not so great. They have almost been more stressful than fun to watch, and it's just so mysterious to me why we are struggling for every win. Maybe I was just spoiled last year with all our success.
Anyway, I am hoping we have a good game against the Cards next week. If we can just make it to the bye without anyone else getting hurt, I think the Pack can come back and have a great second half of the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment