Ammonite

Ammonite

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Thankstoberfestoween Recap

Thankstoberfestoween was a complete success! We cooked (well, mostly mom did), decorated, ate, watched movies, and ate some more. About the only thing I made was the turkey. It was my first attempt at doing so (usually someone else does it). Except for the fact that I cooked it upside down by accident and it looked awful when I flipped it back over, it was pretty good. The photo below is the best picture I have of it because it was still in the bag. It's funny because the first time I cooked a chicken I did the same thing. Anyway there was tons of vegan food that my mom made, and a variety of turkey hats, some home sewn, some bought, and some made out of construction paper were worn. I made headband my mom is wearing and she made the one I am wearing;) The top hat was made by my brother's girlfriend out of an old tie and feather boa. And my vegan brother is ironically the one wearing the cooked turkey hat (that he bought online). LOL.
We sampled some awesome brews (see next blog) brought especially to us all the way from Alaska and went on a pub crawl through downtown to finish the night off! It was super fun, and I can't wait till next year! Here are a few photos of the festivities!







No comments:

Post a Comment