Ammonite

Ammonite

Monday, October 1, 2012

Octoberfest

It's that time of year. The time when leaves start changing color and dusk comes sooner. It's a time when you start planning your Lief Ericksson/Octoberfest parties and deciding what or who you are going to be for Halloween. It's a time of cool grey days and everything pumpkin. Or so it should be.
October is starting out...warm for those of us who live in California. According to the Weather Channel it reached 95 degrees here at precisely 3:05 this afternoon. Lame. It's supposed to be fall now. Not summer! It's supposed to be brisk and breezy, and leaves are supposed to be...well, falling. What's the deal? Apparently nature has no accountability to my seasonal schedule.
All I have to say is I am glad I took advantage of the patches of Autumn I glimpsed while back home in Michigan. I'll admit the colors weren't at their peak, but I'm not one to complain about that kind of thing. When it comes to vacations, I am more of a "the glass is half full" kind of gal. So even though it might not have been apparent to the casual observer I still managed to find some fall:)












No matter what kind of weather you are having, I hope you all have a wonderful October!

No comments:

Post a Comment