Ammonite

Ammonite

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The World Series

I am not a baseball fan. But when I saw that the Tigers were playing San Francisco, I became a little intrigued. I still loosely cheer for the "home" teams, which include the Tigers and the Lions (when they aren't playing us or leading our division), and the Red Wings.
Anyway, I didn't watch the first three games, but I did wear my "Detroit" t-shirt (that I picked up at the airport a couple years ago) in support of the team. As you can imagine there are not a lot of Tigers fans out this way. I only saw one little boy walking home from school in a Tigers jersey.
By the time the fourth game started, I realized that the Tigers probably weren't going to win it. But I was hoping they would at least win one of the games for the Tigers faithful. Especially since they were in Detroit and it was freezing and raining.
Don't ask me what went wrong, or who is to blame, because I have no idea. I just wanted the Tigers to win one. But alas it wasn't meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment