Ammonite

Ammonite

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Happy First Game Day!!!!

On my way to work, Game Day morning!

Showing Packer pride at the office!

It's finally here! After almost 7 months the Packers will re-take the field tonight against the San Diego Chargers (which is incidentally why I had to make my San Diego Burritos on Tuesday)! I know it's only pre-season, but honestly I don't care. I'll take it!
I decided in honor of the first game I'd wear my Jordy Nelson jersey to work. My BF got it for me for Xmas last year (isn't he just the best?!?That's why he's my BF;) and it was just the one I would have wanted if I wasn't so cheap and unwilling to get it for myself. But the season was mostly over by then, so I barely got a chance to wear it. But that will change now!
I am making special prime rib sandwiches for dinner (Wisconsin Style:), and will have my butt firmly planted  in my living room for the 5:00pm kickoff. The only thing I'll be doing between five and 8:00 besides watching the game  is holding down my side of the couch;)
What a glorious, glorious day it is!!! What a sublime Thursday, and what an enchanting evening it will be! *Sigh* Oh football season, how I've missed you! How I've longed for you to take up my Sundays (and Monday nights, and some Thursdays), and stress me out, and give me an excuse to go to a bar and drink mimosas at 10:00 am. How I've missed the anticipation of Game Day and the angelic sound of John Gruden and Al Michaels voices as they do the play-by-play! How I've missed cheering for the Green and Gold! But it's here! It's FINALLY here! Football season has come! And it makes me so happy! So I will issue my first official  "Go Pack" of the 2012 season! And say welcome back old friend football, I've missed you!

No comments:

Post a Comment