Ammonite

Ammonite

Friday, August 24, 2012

Invasion

I have a love hate relationship with technology. On the one hand it's miraculous, and so handy and useful and brilliant. But on the other it is confusing and over-achieving, and so beyond my puny intellect. We have all seen movies that depict the devistation of humanity through the sentience of machines. Well, I am especially feeling that now.
I took my iPad to the coffee shop the other day. I did some stuff, and then as I was leaving I decided to put it in my purse. My phone was in there too. Suddenly I heard music playing. One of the songs I downloaded to my phone. I pulled out my phone but no sound was coming from it. I was confused. I held it up to my ear as other coffee shop patrons stared. WTF? I pulled out my iPad and realized the song was comming from it. But I never put music on there! I scrambled to turn it off. I stepped into the parking lot, and upon further inspection all the music from my phone was suddenly on my iPad! It was like there was some kind of conversation going on in my purse that I was unaware of. My phone and my iPad are apparenly very close friends. I did not know this.
Then today I was doing laundry. I threw in a load of darks. I started the machine. Then I found a few other things I wanted to add. But the machine wouldn't open! It was locked. There was a red "no" light and everything. I spent 10 minutes trying to open it, but the washer was having none of it. I was denied. And again I was like WTF? My washing machine gets to tell me what I can and can't do? How is that even possible?!?
I hate to say it, because technology is so great in so many ways, but today...right now, it's freaking me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment