Ammonite

Ammonite

Monday, August 13, 2012

Pre-Season: Game 1

So after all my excitement over the first game of the season it was a bit of a dud. The offense didn't do all that great, Starks is out, Desmond Bishop has to get hamstring surgery...need I go on? I mean, it's not time to panic yet or anything, but we have an awful lot of injuries for it being so early in the season. But if the next couple games look anything like this one did then I might begin to worry.
One cool thing about the game (that has nothing to do with the Packers) is that is was the first NFL game in which a member of the officiating crew was a woman! Neato. I have to say I was a little disappointed when Nate Perry got a penalty for celebrating his first take down (and I think the lady ref is the one who called it) but over all I thought she did a really solid job. The whole reason she was there in the first place is because the officials that normally ref the games are in a lockout, so they are bringing in college and other referees to fill in.
Other than that, I can't say I was too impressed by anything....hopefully our next game against the Bengals goes better. Speaking of Bengals we just signed Cedric Benson, who used to play for the Bengals. I am not sure if I think that was such a great idea or not. He had a few really good season with Cincinnati, but he got into some off-the-field shenanigans that I don't like at all. We'll see I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment