Ammonite

Ammonite

Monday, August 6, 2012

The Hall of Fame Game

Yesterday marked the first day of the NFL preseason games!!! As you can (or cannot) imagine, I was very excited. It was the Saints and the Cardinals, not exactly my two favorite teams, but who cares!?! It was real honest-to-god NFL football! Yippee! Yahoo!
Anyway, a couple quick notes since I have no Packers info to share until they have their pre-season opener on Thursday. Beginning with NFL news.
First of all the news about Andy Reid's son dying was awful. So sad. Reid is the coach of the Philadelphia Eagles, and his son was only 29.
Second, congrats to the Hall of fame inductees. I don't know any of them (I am not one of those football fans who pretends to know stuff I don't;), but I am sure they accomplished great things to make it into the Hall of Fame. So nice work.
Third, LOL to Dion Sanders who picked himself as the number one person to be inducted into the hall of fame. That was pretty funny. Especially because I am pretty sure he was serious. His nickname is "Primetime" for a reason I guess.
Now onto the actual  game:
Drew Brees is still awesome. Shocker right? Anyway the first drive was like clockwork and it ended in a touchdown, which is all typical of Brees and his starting offense.
Kevin Kolb injured himself almost immediately. Again shocker right? The guys has never played more than 9 games in a season in his career, and is always injured. It was a rib injury. Skelton (the backup QB) came in and played OK. They were competing for the starting position and it looks like Skelton will probably get it. Also- Kolb need's to shave his goatee thing. It's ugly, and it makes him look like a tool.
But I've saved the best for last! The best part of the whole game was when Mike Mayock (one of the two NFL network commentators) started sing "Play that Funky Music" on air! OMG I was laughing so hard! It was so hilarious, and then when he switched to falsetto for the high note, it was even more hilarious! And when Mooch (Steve Mariucci) texted him never to do it again, it was even MORE hilarious. Good times;)
Mayock is not my favorite announcer, because I generally think he is too statistical in his announcing, but I was impressed last night.
Also the commercial with Eli Manning and Demarcus Ware, was pretty funny too.
Ahhhh...football season! I'm so glad you are back!

No comments:

Post a Comment