Ammonite

Ammonite

Friday, August 24, 2012

Pre-Season Game 3

It was nice to see the starters on the field for the first half of the game. Besides one uncharacteristically bad throw by Rodgers that got picked off, the offense was pretty good I thought. I am still not a huge fan of using Cobb as a starter, but OK. Jennings and Nelson, and even Driver had nice catches. And what about Cedric Benson being a Packer?!? I thought he did awesome. Much better than the running backs we've had out there the last couple weeks, although Tyler had a couple good runs later in the game. I really think Benson is going to be key for us. I wish we could get Maurice Jones-Drew who is holding out for contract reasons in Jacksonville, but Benson is good enough for me. Even so Rodgers was the leading rusher of the game, and scored two TD's on his own. The left tackle (Newhouse?) needs to step it up a notch , but I thought the O-Line did ok too.
The D showed up as well. The starters held the Bengals to two field goals in the first half. Tramon Williams had some great saves on the ball, Matthews looked amazing, and Perry seems to slowly be getting the hang of things. I have to say there wasn't much I didn't like about how the defense played. They just need to keep it up.
Then we began the third quarter.....and everything came unglued again. There were several 3-and-outs on both sides of the ball, some bad throws, dropped passes. Our defense looked a little better than the offense, and the interception at the end of the game was nice. Highlights for me in the second-string defense were McMillian, and....crap, I can't remember his name...but the other guy. You know who I mean right? LOL.
Anyway. I feel pretty good now about the starters. Things seemed on track. But pretty much everyone else has me worried. I don't think Harrell will be around by the time the season starts, and that makes me wonder who the Packers would sign as a backup QB. I don't even know who is available.
Oh and one final thing. I love AJ Hawks new haircut! I can't believe how much better he looks. I don't know why, but getting rid of his long hair went a million miles toward making him more handsome. Bravo.
Only one more preseason game left and then it's the real thing. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment