Ammonite

Ammonite

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

What About Saturday?

Jeff Saturday
I can't believe in all my football talk I forgot to mention Jeff Saturday! What in the heck was I thinking?!? His tenure with Peyton Manning and the Colts was epic, some say they were the best center/QB in NFL history, and I believe it. But that was then, and this is now. Now Manning is a Bronco, and Saturday is a Packer! And I couldn't be happier. Welcome Jeff!
Anyway, from what I have seen he is doing really well. I think he might have missed a tackle in last weeks game that was a little ugly (or was that Newhouse?) but over all I think he's transitioning into the Packers  offensive line pretty flawlessly. And I love that he comes from Indie where Payton Manning ran a no huddle offense most of the time. That is huge because with Rodgers getting more opportunities to call the plays on the field we really need someone at center used to the fast paced tempo. Last year the offense did the best when they ran the no huddle (and it's so much more fun to watch!!!) and I think that can only be improved upon with a veteran like Jeff Saturday snapping the ball. I am very excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment