Ammonite

Ammonite

Thursday, August 23, 2012

One More Week of Summer

My Sweetie Pie and I at Jazz on the Plazz!
I know. Technically fall doesn't start until September 22. But MY fall begins next Thursday, a week from today. It must be so to accommodate my Christmas season which I also begin a little earlier than normal. I love Christmas (clearly) but that doesn't mean I want to cut my Autumn celebration short. I want to have plenty of time for fall leaves, spiced candles, pumpkins, maybe even a hay ride and a trip to an apple orchard. And of course, football season (the real one) is fast approaching, a sure indicator that nights are will be growing longer and days cooler.
I have decided to start my fall next Thursday because it will be Labor Day weekend, and extra long, so I will have plenty of time to dig out all my fall decorations. Then I have a short work week and the following Sunday will be the Packers/Niners game! Then 3 days later we are off on vacation! By the time we get home real fall (i.e. the Autumn Equinox) will have already started anyway. Hooray!
Not to get ahead of myself though, that means I still have one glorious week of summer left to savor, before I switch gears. One week left to lay by the pool and get a tan. One week to finish up the Pina Colada mix in the freezer. One week to enjoy my patriotic red,white and blue summer decor, one more week to pack a picnic and enjoy the outdoor music venues in town. One more week to wear all the summer clothes I haven't yet. I plan to make every moment count. One last hooray for summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment